The first golf club in the US was founded in 1888 and America now boasts the largest number of courses anywhere in the world.
Some high schools have golf teams and the competition season can differ by region and also by gender – girls’ and boys’ teams may not always play at the same time. Teams can be more recreational in nature or more competitive, helping prepare students for the college experience.
College golf can be played all year round but the official competition season is in the spring. The college route is the most common for preparing talented athletes for a professional career, offering daily practice and strong competition.
As in all sports, Division 1 and 2 standards are high, for both men and women’s golf teams. Division 3 and JuCo allow for players with higher handicaps and averages.
In the US there are 1,240+ college varsity men’s and women’s golf teams.
Join our Facebook group!
Placements – Golf
Tijn de Jong
Jurre van der Lende
Ruben van Uden
Joost van den Broek
Would you like to know more?
Your golf mentor
For our clients in the Tailored Program we offer the unique service of our golf mentoring program
The program entails:
- Giving feedback on your footage
- Discussing the different pathways to reach your ultimate goals
- Informing you about what matters most to coaches
- Building character / pitching yourself to coaches
- Teaching you how to build up a relationship and trust with coaches
- Preparing you for an interview with coaches
- Setting up your personal sport development program
- Deciding on the final choice of an athletic program based on your goals